Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Jorb

So I got a job. This company and I have been circling each other for four years- this marks the first time that I'm qualified and they call me about my application before I've committed to sleeping in a car in Fresno.* I'm a little freaked out because they've been so cheerful, accommodating, and upfront about their expectations and issues. Also, they keep talking about training me in valuable skills. For free.

CLEARLY EVERYTHING IS ABOUT TO GO UP IN FLAMES.

During my interview, I was asked how I felt about starting immediately- doing mollusk surveys. I looked out the window- it was sleeting hard. I thought about wedding planning and car repair and blogging and advanced Pilates and visiting the Cuervitos and seeing the boy for more than a couple of days. Then I said yes.

So now I'm looking for snails full time.

*By which I mean another job.

2 comments:

--- said...

Heeeeeeeeeeeere twisty-twisty-twisteeeeeeeeee! Heeeeeeeeere twisty-twisty-twisty!*

*The melodic call of the noble snail wrangler.

Yippee Kay Aye!

Mike said...

Congratulations, but also, nuts! Now I won't have anyone to bother during my (probable) period of post-graduation unemployment.