Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

Last night I dreamed that that one of my oldest friends- the one who can't seem to remember Señor C's actual name- kidnapped C and threw him a bachelor party. Unfortunately, the bachelor party was after the wedding, and during the reception. I stood there, surrounded by friends, family, and seven thousand Chileans- waiting.

My paranoia is slightly justified as this friend has offered to have such a party. He really likes strippers.

So to preclude such an occurrence, I'd like to propose an alternative event- Señor C gets an entire cheesecake, people sign up on a rota, and we take two hours shifts playing Descent of the Rings in SPACE with him. Sixteen solid hours of one of his obscenely long and complex strategy games. It'll be like Boatmurdered!

If you get that reference, you've just signed up for two shifts.

4 comments:

Drewscriver said...

I know nothing of the murdering of boats, cat explosions or tantrum spirals! >.> <.<

Incidentally, you are currently Google's first search result for that particular phrase.

--- said...

I have read the epic poem Boatmurdered. Not unlike Beowolf, much of it was beyond me. At any rate, I tried learn to play DF, it was beyond me. I suspect this ringing space game would also be too complex for my very literal way of thinking.

Janeric said...

I thought you and I would be at the hen party, drinking mai tais and snarking about board games.

R can come also, to make the mai tais

--- said...

Hen Party! R is so going to love being at the hen party.