Thursday, August 26, 2010

It was in San Francisco.

Y'all have probably heard my story about the tire blowing out while I was hitching a ride back to college. (Here 'hitching' is used in the sense that one calls a friend and asks if they are also returning to school on a day.) Moderately long story short; he was so phlegmatic about tire blowouts that I assumed they were no big thing. According to everyone else: High Speed Tire Blowouts= Big Thing.

So I'm going on a week long camping trip for work. On the last day, we'll drive out six hours, pass within blocks of my house, drive for another hour, drop off my coworker, and turn and drive back. I mentioned that I would probably tuck and roll.

Yeah, apparently leaping out of a moving vehicle is not inherently funny unless you've seen someone do it for a parking space.

3 comments:

--- said...

That fool was crazy. Think about how many wild stories we'd have to tell if we hadn't avoided hanging out with him.

Janeric said...

You mean the potential "Time we got arrested in Canada, time we got beaten up by a bouncer, time we were accessories to Transporting A Minor Across State Lines for Immoral Purposes, time we got into black tar heroin, and time we ended up chatting with Homeland Security about our potential ecoterrorism." stories? Yes, we missed out. I can't believe he's still apparently the same and also not in prison.

--- said...

Being white and fairly well-spoken will give you a lot of wiggle room with law enforcement in potential arrest situations. I think that's the key to his lack of incarceration.

Also, he runs pretty fast.