Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The most useful thing I learned in high school

My Spanish teacher once taught us formal tenses by pretending to be a professor of moths. He was arrogant, insistent on extreme formality, and surprisingly callous about the loss of many of his immediate family members. Also, hilarious. Imagine some relic of the 19th century alive today, insisting on archaic etiquette. What a clever teacher to think of such an absurd character. Oh, how I laughed.

Not so funny now, really.

The most useful thing I learned in college was rock climbing. And to always ask where the free cookies came from.

2 comments:

Drewscriver said...

I don't remember that. I wonder if he started after our classes

--- said...

Nothing like being in a social club with dumpster diving free-gans. Ah, botany club.