Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Serendipity

If you couldn't tell, I was a bit envious of the dude in the last article- Oh my goodness, so many cool finds! Welp, today I found something.

266 kilograms of toxic waste. In a barrel.

Sometimes I envy those environmental ecology majors who spent their education learning job skills instead of taking three years of chemistry. They know the fungi, they know the birds, they know the fish...

But I know how to read a Material Science Data Sheet that's been sitting in the weather for 20 years. And it's toxic! Reactive! Flammable! Flammable vapors! Extremely damaging to the ozone! Right next to a reservoir! (Hello my downstream readers.) Right next to a campground!

Beat that, fancy pants.

2 comments:

--- said...

Did you call in the Hazmat guys? In space suits?

Janeric said...

Sheriff! Arrest this barrel!