Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rule 0, people

I'm gonna be a DM. I'm so excited!

But seriously. I thought role playing was to teach us social skills in our teen years- but apparentlys, is for grownups too. First skill is that the Dungeon Master gets testy when people plan bits of her campaign behind her back. I'm seriously considering doing the "steal their shit and dump them in a prison cell" schtick if they keep it up.

Otherwise, things are going well. I've decided to do as little work as possible in designing the world- you might think I'd just steal someone else's world, but then I'd have to read about it. Also, the last thing I want is someone pointing out that there are two moons when I really need it to be dark at night. Instead, it's the most thinly veiled reference to California ever. Don't tell. Each ecological subregion is a kingdom, see? All the cities are translated into Spanish, and then Babelfish German. It'll be great.

No comments: